Thursday March 2nd, Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child.” Dr. Seuss
March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’ birthday and National Read Across America Day. Promote reading and celebrate with your child! Happy Wednesday!
“Over the Hump Day” is always for celebrating, and especially today! Remember that celebrating the small stuff makes your life so much more fun and builds great memories and family traditions for your child. So, what could be more fun than celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday and National Read Across America Day. Here are some ideas on how to make this day a little more fun for you and your child!
1. Go to the library and check out a Dr. Seuss book. How about some of the classic Dr. Seuss books? He wrote more than 40 books…what is your favorite? Introduce your child to the wacky world of Dr. Seuss!
2. Download an App. Check out Oceanhouse Media’s interactive Dr. Seuss books Actually reading to your child is the best, but this app provides Dr Seuss stories that are animated and interactive. What a great piece of entertainment for your child while waiting in a restaurant or in a check out line. Much better than Angry Birds…in my opinion! I would even enjoy listening to these stories!
3. How about dinner and a movie? There are several of Dr. Seuss’ popular books that are movies too. Rent one and have some Dr. Seuss food! Try some “green eggs and ham” or head to Dr. Seuss birthday party for some great ideas for some easy Dr. Seuss inspired food.
4. Plan a craft. Head over to http://pinterest.com/susan_kirchner/all-things-dr-seuss/ and see some fun ideas to make!
5. Bake some cupcakes. What celebration would be complete without cake? Bake together today and sing Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss!
Enjoy your Wednesday and the rest of the week ahead! Celebrate the small things and life becomes big!
Take a breath, enjoy the joyful moments of each day, and remember you don’t have to be perfect to be the perfect parent.